New York Personal Injury Lawyer Q&A

[ Ajlouny Injury Law | Contents | Search | NYC | Brooklyn | Queens | Garden City | ]

Nursing Home Abuse

From: Mindy
Category: Nursing Home Abuse
Date: 22 Oct 2008
Time: 16:02:12 -0400


If I suspect that someone is being abused in a nursing home, what is the first step that I should take. Is there a New York State agency that I can report it to. Will they retaliate by harming my loved one if I complain to the nursing home, and if so, who do I report it to at the nursing home?

Re: Nursing Home Abuse

From: Paul Ajlouny, Esq.
Category: Nursing Home Abuse
Date: 27 Oct 2008
Time: 16:37:12 -0500


Unfortunately, elder abuse is becoming far more common, in large part due to the growing number of people living longer and relying on residential care. The nursing home is required to have an employee, specifically dedicated to receiving and investigating complaints of abuse. Nursing homes are also licenesed and regulated by various municipal agencies, including the state of New York. There is a chance that the home will retaliate in response to your complaint, but the alternative of doing nothing, is not viable. You must act to protect your loved one, and as qualified New York personal injury attorneys, we can help you do that. Please call our office at 1-800-535-5029 or email us at to discuss the details of your case. Please remember that this communication is not specific legal advice and is only an overview of general aspects of New York personal injury and negligence law. It does not create an attorney client relationship and should not be relied upon without consulting a qualified New York personal injury law firm.  

Contact New York NYC Car Accident Lawyer 1-800-535-5029 2016-2018 Ajlouny Injury Law. All rights reserved.

Last changed: 07/18/19