New York Personal Injury Lawyer Q&A

[ Ajlouny Injury Law | Contents | Search | NYC | Brooklyn | Queens | Garden City | ]

Need help with treatment

From: Craig Willis
Category: Pedestrian Accident
Date: 24 Oct 2008
Time: 16:30:36 -0400


I was crossing the street in Uniondale NY when a vehicle making a right turn in front of me neglected to look both ways before proceeding to make the turn and hit me. I have no health insurance and I am in a lot of pain. I was told to speak to a lawyer about this matter.

Re: Need help with treatment

From: Paul Ajlouny, Esq.
Category: Pedestrian Accident
Date: 27 Oct 2008
Time: 17:05:44 -0500


Under New York law, a pedestrian injured in an automobile accident is generally entitled to certain benefits under the automobile's insurance policy, or if the pedestrian owns a car, his own auto insurance. This coverage is distinct from a personal injury lawsuit or negligence lawsuit seeking compensation for pain and suffering, which you should also pursue if you are injured. In most cases, a rear end collision is automatically the fault of the following driver. However, if it was a minor collision and you did not suffer what the law considers to be a "serious injury" New York personal injury law limits your right to recovery would be limited to your "no fault" benefits, i.e. medical bills and lost wages up to fifty thousand dollars. Please call our office at 1-800-535-5029 or email us at to discuss the details of your case. Please remember that this communication is not specific legal advice and is only an overview of general aspects of New York personal injury and negligence law. It does not create an attorney client relationship and should not be relied upon without consulting a qualified New York personal injury law firm.  

Contact New York NYC Car Accident Lawyer 1-800-535-5029 2016-2018 Ajlouny Injury Law. All rights reserved.

Last changed: 07/18/19