Ajlouny Injury Law

New York Car Accident Lawyers 24/7

Text The Attorney Directly: 516-410-4090



Over $100M Won For Clients
24/7 Free Advice





drunk driver

From: Lucy Lake
Category: Pedestrian Accident
Date: 27 Oct 2008
Time: 09:13:57 -0500


My brother was hit by a drunk driver who had no insurance on the car. His lawyer told him there was nothing they can do and he had to pay his medical bills out of pocket. Can we go after the person personaly or is there anything else we can do?  

Re: drunk driver

From: Paul Ajlouny, Esq.
Category: car accident
Date: 27 Oct 2008
Time: 17:20:44 -0500


If your brother, or any member of his household, owns a car, he can seek to have his medical bills and lost wages paid under the "no fault" provisions of that automobile insurance policy. While you can proceed against him individually, unless he has money in the bank or other assets, there is nothing to recover. In most cases, a rear end collision is automatically the fault of the following driver. However, if it was a minor collision and you did not suffer what the law considers to be a "serious injury" New York personal injury law limits your right to recovery would be limited to your "no fault" benefits, i.e. medical bills and lost wages up to fifty thousand dollars. Please call our office at 1-800-535-5029 or email us at info@ajlounyinjurylaw.com to discuss the details of your case. Please remember that this communication is not specific legal advice and is only an overview of general aspects of New York personal injury and negligence law. It does not create an attorney client relationship and should not be relied upon without consulting a qualified New York personal injury law firm.  
  • Paul was the only attorney that took my call after hours. I decided to retain him as my lawyer and could not be any happier. He is always available to speak to me about what I can expect from my case. I will continue to refer him to my friends and family, as I am very satisfied with his services. Amanda Rodriguez
  • Mr. Paul Ajlouny is the best attorney in New York City. I was hurt very bad, when he came to my aid and helped me in every way he could. He went above board and did more than just any attorney. He is a great man and has a heart that is ... Theresa Allende