New York Personal Injury Lawyer Q&A

[ Ajlouny Injury Law | Contents | Search | NYC | Brooklyn | Queens | Garden City | ]


From: Nicole F
email0: candigurl550
Category: Other


I was in a domestic dispute with my boyfriend when he started to physically attack me. This happened in the lobby of the apartment building I live in right in front of the security desk. I am a tenant there and I pay rent. I asked the security guard to call the police for me and the security guard watched my b/f beat me up and did nothing. I suffered two broken ribs, a laceration to the face as well as other bruising and a sprained ankle. Is there something I can do legal I felt the security officer should have done more to protect me as a resident of that building.

Re: Assault

From: Paul Ajlouny, Esq.
Category: Other


Whether the guard's employer or your landlord can be held liable for your injuries will depend on the specific nature of the services the guard/security company was contracted to perform. It will also depend on whehter he departed from the internal rules established by the contract or by your landlord. Please contact me so that we can discuss this in further detail. Please note that this is not specific legal advice, is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and should not be relied upon without further consultation with our office.  

Contact New York NYC Car Accident Lawyer 1-800-535-5029 2016-2018 Ajlouny Injury Law. All rights reserved.

Last changed: 07/18/19